Clean eating is easy, enjoyable, and rewarding, which could not be more clear with these quick and tasty recipes. Although I have not fully committed myself to a vegan lifestyle, I have embraced plant-based meal choices that are energy-increasing and absolutely mouthwatering. The following five original recipes contain a little bit of autumn inspiration in celebration of the season and can be prepared in under thirty minutes for breakfast, dinner, and anything in between.
Açaí Smoothie Bowl with Pumpkin Twist
- Trader Joe’s unsweetened organic açaí puree packet
- Assorted frozen berries
- Tablespoon of organic raw blue agave sweetener
- Splash of vanilla almond milk
- Cranberry vanilla flavored Qi’a superfood
- Power greens (spinach, kale, arugula, etc.)
- Pumpkin spice seasoning for a fall touch
Blend and serve!
Vibrant Vegetable Pasta Plate
- Vegetable radiatore (alternatives include any form of vegetable pasta)
- Butternut squash
- Sweet onion
- Green beans
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
Boil pasta until fully cooked, then drain and combine with baked vegetables. Add raw onion, oil, and seasoning.
Non-vegan alternative: Top with pumpkin and butternut squash pasta sauce.
Sweet Veggie Bites
- Two zucchinis
- Rolled oats
- Smooth peanut butter
- Maple syrup (alternative sweeteners include brown sugar, honey, agave sweetener, etc.)
- Pure cocoa powder
- Sweetened shredded coconut
Shred raw zucchini and mix in bowl with rolled oats, peanut butter, shredded coconut, and chosen sweetener. By hand, squeeze out moisture and form into balls. If moisture levels appear to be high, combine more rolled oats into the mixture. Place treats onto sheet and let cool for 20 minutes. After cooling, roll treats in cocoa powder and top with coconut flakes.
Non-vegan alternative: Add semi-sweet chocolate chips
Spiced Squash and Quinoa Stir-fry
- Whole grain quinoa
- Yellow squash
- Sweet potato
- Broccoli and cauliflower floret mix
- Salt and lemon pepper
- Cumin seasoning
Cook quinoa, then combine in pan with squashes, other raw vegetables, and a splash of water. Add seasoning and enjoy!
Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
- Pumpkin purée
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla almond milk (alternatives include soy milk, coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk, etc.)
- Maple syrup
Blend pumpkin purée, vanilla almond milk, and maple syrup until liquified. Pour into container and add chia seeds, then mix lightly. Refrigerate for thirty minutes, top with raspberries, and voilà.